Sunday, January 17, 2010

Red and Gray

Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, UT. 2009.
Red Canyon, UT. 2009.

I have something to say but don't know what to write.
Words are half pictures, pieces that won't fit together
to form the landscape inside.
A lonely, softly rocking sea? Blues and grays toward the long horizon.
A dusty trail, a single set of prints? Scratched legs and no one to kiss them better.

There is a muted screen inside my chest
but no one is watching.
Flickering images, an undecided self.
Where does worth come from?
Who will allow me to feel deserving?

I am scared, and it hurts even to know it.

I knew love, once. I wrote it letters full of my most secret dreams,
and sent them off with doubt and hope.
That was some while ago.
Tonight I took out a postcard and looked at it a long time.
I have something to say but I don't know what to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment