Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Under


This photo was my first (and so far, only) in an art show: Emeryville Art Exhibition, 2009. Seemed like a good place to start.

I took it from a train heading to Davis. We're crossing the north bay, and I'm facing west. The bridge is the bottom of the old car bridge; the new one is behind me.

I call this lighting "Jesus is coming" lighting. Whenever I see it I feel like I'm waiting for god to float slowly down from the clouds, ready to forgive us for our sins and explain that everything is all right. Then maybe we'd all do yoga together, and everything would be kosher.

Lisa suggested that I start this blog, as I liked taking pictures so much (she claims this makes me an artist, though I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the title; maybe once someone buys a piece). But in any case, I am starting to get more serious about photography, and am thinking about framing more pieces. Perhaps this blog is a good place to start.

Please, let me know what you think. I'm curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment